For your blog to grow, become popular, and eventually succeed, it will need traffic, and lots of it. If you’re new to blogging, traffic simply means the visitors or readers that your website regularly receives. There are several natural and automatic ways of increasing your blog’s traffic, but the below 8 are considered top ways of doing it.
- Posting unique content regularly. Internet experts including the giant search engine Google considers content as “king”. Content and article writing is the king or the number one factor when it comes to website ranking and traffic generation primarily because visitors are drawn to your blog or website via the posts you create. Your posts should be unique, engaging, and useful to the readers. Additionally, you should post on a regular basis. It’s up to you whether it is daily, twice a week, three times a week, etc.
- Implement good and effective SEO. The main objective of Search Engine Optimization or SEO is the ranking of your website in the various search engines. And as your blog’s rank climbs the list, you will eventually experience sustained increase in traffic.
- Use social media or networking sites to promote your blog. Considered the best places to promote your blog are the numerous social media or social networking sites. Your blog can have its own Facebook page, Twitter account, or Youtube channel. When your blog is good, it could become viral or popular almost overnight.
- Build valuable links to your website. Although link-building is just one of the areas or tactics in SEO, it is very important that it deserves a dedicated number or place in this list. Backlinks are considered the votes of other websites to your blog. The more and better these votes are, the better are your chances of ranking and eventually get more traffic.
- Your blog should concentrate on a single niche, topic, or subject. Perhaps, you might want your blog to tackle almost anything and everything under the sun. There’s nothing wrong with it but the chances for you to accumulate more traffic is much slimmer. With this approach, you’re actually dispersing your targeted keywords and you’ll have plenty of competitors for each. The best approach is for your blog to focus on a single topic or niche which allows you to target and win the trust of a specific group of internet readers or users.
- Submit your blog to directories. Web directories maintain a list of websites that are classified according to their specific niches or categories. When you submit your blog to directories, you are actually making it present on several places over the internet. The backlinks you could get from these directories are also considered valuable.
- Interact with your readers. The good thing about blogs compared to all other kinds of websites is the ability of the blogger to personally interact and communicate with the blog’s readers or visitors. If your blog readers or followers are happy and satisfied with their experience, they will eventually share and recommend it to others.
- Promote your blog offline. The promotion of your website may not only be done online but also offline. You could promote and suggest your blog to your personal friends, relatives, and acquaintances. It’s traditional but is still very effective.