According to Google, social media links are most valuable because they could genuinely represent how your blog or website is loved or liked by people
ne of the techniques in SEO implemented to improve the search engine rank of your blog is link building. Building links is very vital. The links you create help direct visitors into your website, they allow easy crawling and indexing of your pages, and improve your chances of hitting the number one mark on search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. The following are the 6 popular and most effective ways to build links to your blog.
- Blog or website commenting. The easiest and most popular way to create backlinks to your blog is through blog or website commenting. With this method, you simply need to write and submit a short comment on any page relevant to your blog. Instead of solely using your name in the comment form, you can alternately add your blog on the URL section. This creates an automatic link for your blog when the comment is eventually approved. It’s considered the easiest and most popular because there are millions if not billions of pages available on the internet for you to leave your comment and link. But as a side-effect of this easiness, this method is also the most common target of link spammers.
- Forum profile creation. Aside from blogs, most websites also have a separate section for forums or community discussions. When you join a particular forum, you are required to sign-up with your details. Included in your profile is your signature which can contain the link to your website. When you use your signature when using the forum, you are also automatically appending your blog’s link on that particular page.
- Directory submission. On the internet, there are also directories which compile and categorize all the websites including blogs which are submitted to their listing. Online directories work similarly to conventional paper directories. They allow internet users, search engines, and all other internet users to find or locate your blog. The largest online directories could also provide the most valuable backlink your blog could ever have. Submission to directories can be free or be made for a fee.
- Article marketing or submission. Article submission is the method of writing and submitting an article to an article directory. The article usually comes with a reference or resource link pointing back to your website. With this method, you’re actually creating an extension page of your blog under the domain of the article directory. The creation of web 2.0 pages for link building is also article marketing in essence.
- Guest blogging. Because comment posting and forum profile creation could be targeted by spammers, some of the links created may not be that valuable. This gave way to the use of guest blogging or posting when it comes to link building. With guest blogging, you negotiate to write and post an article for another website or blog in exchange for a link to your website. It could be a challenge to search for willing bloggers, but the link you could have is totally worth the effort.
- The use of social media/networking. One of the recent link building methods which has gained considerable importance is the use of social media/networking sites. According to Google, social media links are most valuable because they could genuinely represent how your blog or website is loved or liked by people. When using social media/networking, you can place your links on your profile or perhaps, on your shares, tweets, and status updates.
Did you enjoy this article? If so, we’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It would be great if you subscribed to our RSS feed or signed up for email updates to get more goodness. There’s lots more where this came from!